Music Banter - View Single Post - Conflict within my band..HELP!
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
matherlouth
Groupie

Unhappy Conflict within my band..HELP!

so, i have built up my band from being a solo artist, and i just recently got a new upright bassist. he is a overpowering new yorker and being that i'm also a new englander, i like it. he told me that he saw potential in the band, but that it needed a bit of steering, and that he can do that, but also can be overpowering. i agree that the band does need a bit of tightening up, but i don't want to completely hand over artistic control.

lately, i feel like he isn't respecting my artistic opinion and is just shooting down my ideas. i'm afraid of my other two mates losing respect for my vision and opinion (they have always been ok with the idea that originally, these are my music ideas). this is my band and though i don't want to sound selfish or closed off to other ideas, i do need my ideas to be heard. if a suggestion is made by the other bandmates, and it works better than what i had written, i will always agree and change it.

what would you do in my situation?? i don't want to create a rift but how do you regain control? i'm sure many of you have felt this way before at some point...thanks!!
matherlouth is offline   Reply With Quote