Music Banter - View Single Post - 101 Albums I Love
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 10:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Chimaira - Pass out of Existence (2001)
I'm sure this will be a bit of a surprise to most of you, but this album is fucking great. I am not a huge Metal fan, but it has a place in my heart and never has anything so hard resonated with me like this album. I'm not sure which new genre of metal this would fall into maybe Metal Core or Death Metal but my favorite tracks include "Severed", "Dead Inside", "Split", "Painting the White to Grey", and "Pass out of Existence". There is just the right mix of brutal sound and technical detail to make it really captivating stuff.
Musical Content: ***
Artistic Content: ***
Impact: ****

Favorite Song: Painting the White to Grey

Hootie & The Blowfish - Cracked Rear View (1994)
It may have been the phase of my life, but these guys hit me at just the right time. I enjoy there simple but pleasing sound and the song writing on this album is excellent. Countless radio friendly songs that are memorable and yet not overwhelming. "Hold My Hand" was the first radio hit, followed by "Let Her Cry", "Only Wanna Be With You" and eventually "Time". They also win points for paying their respects to their elders with a solid cover "Sometimes I feel" to close out the album.
Musical Content: *****
Artistic Content: ***
Impact: **

Favorite Song: Time
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote