Music Banter - View Single Post - Circle Takes the Square
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 07:13 AM   #111 (permalink)
bardonodude
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I don't understand how anyone could call CTTS sells out when they havn't switched labels or anything like that and havn't released anything since as the roots undo. And last time I checked As the Roots Undo was the same album everyone here was cumming all over about two months ago.

Aside from that as far as overrated emo bands go, how come no one is bitching about Orchid? At least CTTS has a unique sound even if it is 'pretentious' and 'obnoxious'.
I dont think theyre selling out at all lol, Im just saying a lot of people probably think so just because theyre so popular. Everything they do is the same way that they have done it since their inception. They still do DIY tours, havent transferred over to a better label etc. I actually saw As The Roots Undo in my local best buy which was very surprising to me. I think that the lyrics of CTTS arent overly pretentious or anything at all. I praise them for having an intellectual tone while still having heartfelt parts, like in the nervous light of sunday. I think CTTS is still heartfelt but theyre a classic example of "showing and not telling."

I am amazed at how popular orchid was during the end of their career, mainly just looking at youtube videos of their shows. Orchid gets boring for me sometimes, and then other times I need to listen to them haha. Same thing with Saetia. IMHO, I agree with you crowquill on orchid getting a lot of hype in the emo/hardcore scene for no reason, it doesnt seem like any bands really capture any of Orchid's sound, it seems like they just name drop Orchid as an influence since they were a prime mover in the emo/hardcore scene. Orchid seems to be just a part of that scene and was a popular band that opened a door to other lesser known emo/hardcore bands to their fans. I guess that is a reason for them being influential after all haha. Time to go to work, laters.
bardonodude is offline   Reply With Quote