Music Banter - View Single Post - Circle Takes the Square
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 12:23 PM   #112 (permalink)
Trauma
snickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcassiusx View Post
C.T.T.S. just doesnt seem overly pretenious and obnoxious, they smell of being overly pretenious and obnoxious in their music. I think it's pretty clear they seem to try for more intellectual aspects rather than intimate and emotional aspects.
Word.
Also, that was a very good review of Portrait.

Circle Takes The Square aren't sellouts or anything like that, they're very popular because they're very good, and they were in the right place at the right time. Bands like Portrait circa 1996 who were arguably "better" than Circle Takes The Square just didn't have everything going for them at the right time.

My only problem with CTTS is exactly what cassius said. On top of that, they would probably be the biggest band (even more than Ampere) to say "We don't associate ourselves with emo or screamo, we are a combination of metal and punk rock, through and through". This is so ironic just because their sound is probably 100X more "emo" than Ampere, and you know Drew listens to a ****load of bands like City of Caterpillar, Saetia, and Pg. 99; their influence on the band is obvious. That pretense alone is infuriating.