Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock & Roll Timeline Part One 1950-1959
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 12:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
Music Man
Music Addict

"Let's just say you're wrong about everything and move on."

^This is coming from the same guy who told us the Byrds recorded an album in 1963.

"I don't want to argue about trivial things like genres. I lived through the era and those songs are a big part of what got my older siblings and their friends into Rock and Roll. Check Wikipedia for the Blueberry Hill information as well as the Jackie Brenston stuff. That's just one of many sites that cover it. As for your "I already knew that" replies very annoying and condescending. You kind of suck dude! But much love nonetheless."

I would think a man your age could debate without making personal attacks.

I asked for a source that is nationally recognized as an authority on music. Wikipedia is a non-expert source, that allows virtually anybody to write and edit articles on virtually any topic, regardless of whether or not they possess any expertise whatsoever.

Fats Domino - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Here one's link that in a matter of a few paragraphs shreds most of your seemingly pointless arguments. Your posts in this thread remind me of the only poster on here I don't enjoy."

Actually, your own non-expert article shreds your own arguments. And I'm not concerned whether you or anybody else here "enjoys" me.

From your own source, emphasis mine:

Quote:
Antoine Dominique "Fats" Domino (born February 26, 1928) is a classic R&B and rock and roll singer, songwriter and pianist.
Domino's version of "Blueberry Hill" is CLASSIC R&B.

Quote:
His 1956 uptempo version of the old song "Blueberry Hill" reached #2 in the Top 40, was #1 on the R&B charts for 11 weeks, and was his biggest hit. The song had earlier been recorded by Gene Autry, and Louis Armstrong among many others.
The above is pretty much all the Wikipedia article says about "Blueberry Hill". The song is nothing more than an uptempo R&B remake of a song first recorded in the early 40's.
"Paranoid is just like an anchor. It really secures everything about the metal movement in one record. It's all there: the riffs, the vocal performance of Ozzy, the song titles, what the lyrics are about. It's just a classic defining moment."

--Rob Halford of Judas Priest
Music Man is offline   Reply With Quote