Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles
Thread: The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #352 (permalink)
Lateralus1019
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd85 View Post
have you listened to all of their discography? specifically the later part of their career? i agree with the notion of "what is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular", but there is a reason just about everyone thinks they are the best band of all time. everyone is entitled to their own opinions so i cant say that yours is stupid, but i think you havent put enough time into it. they were able to transcend through many different genres and were well loved through it the whole time (something that can be said about very few bands). beyond that, they changed music in a way few other people ever have. sgt pepper and the lonely hearts club band completly broke the rules for recording an album, it set the stage for an epic era of music. really man, if you close them off your only hurting yourself.

edit - and although maynard is very talented... he is definetly NOT the best song writer of all time.

I agree with your statement man but I have heard alot of beatles. My best friends dad is a beatles fanatic and he always has them blarring his speakers.

Also I said Maynard is ONE of the best

10 to 2 AM, X, Yogi DMT, and a box of Krispy Kremes,
in my "need to know" pose, just outside of Area 51
Contemplating the whole "chosen people" thingy
when a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...

Lateralus1019 is offline   Reply With Quote