Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles
Thread: The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 03:43 PM   #358 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

More poor child,

People who don't like the Beatles either have not heard their entire catalog or have terrible taste in music.

I know that's a blanket statement and pretentious and what not and we are not supposed to do that, but I bet it holds up.

The Beatles made some bad music to be sure and a lot of their early stuff now sounds archaic and drab, but if you can't appreciate their later stuff and their catalog as a whole and enjoy a large percentage of it you have a bad ear. Also their popularity speaks for itself. They are among the most popular acts of every generation for a reason.

It's easy to say you don't like a band when you've never listened to them, especially one like the Beatles whose songs you've heard your whole life rather you realize it or not. Buy Abbey Road or Revolver or The White Album or Sgt. Peppers and give it a week or so and see if you don't start to wonder, "what else have they done" there are just too many styles of music for someone not to find an album they enjoy.

I like Tool a lot, Hendrix, Zeppelin, I like better then the Beatles, but the Beatles are the greatest ever far and away I am not sure that's even debatable if you take personal preference out of the equation.

Anyway, you're missing out on great music, but there is plenty more amazing music you can enjoy just as much or more.

This post was a waste of time, but It just kind fell out in about 90 seconds.
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote