Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest love song, pop or otherwise, of the modern era.
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
yurshta
Account Disabled

Default Greatest love song, pop or otherwise, of the modern era.

Here's one that's likely to be controversial, and it'll be curious to what other songs other folks out there might suggest, but one song in particular always comes to mind when I think about love songs and despite the fact that Air Supply did nothing but love songs, the one I'm thinking about is not one of theirs. The song I've got in mind was written by a certain man and was never intended by him to be published or recorded and it was written when he was separated from his wife by the Atlantic ocean. The opening line "oceans apart" was the literal truth when the song was written. His friends begged him to get it recorded and finally he gave in and his little personal song which was never meant for the general public was finally released. I'm thinking, of course-- if you've not already guessed it-- of Right Here Waiting (for you) by Richard Marx which has very meaningful lyrics and one of the most beautiful melodies of any pop song out there old or new. The guitar solo part is excellent and sets off the keyboards. All in all, this song turned out to be Richard Marx's greatest song ....and frankly folks, a lot of his other songs simply suck!

Well enough, I'd like to hear some other contenders for "World's greatest pop love song!"

Thanks Yurshta..

Last edited by yurshta; 09-05-2007 at 09:55 AM. Reason: grammatical and punctuation errors
yurshta is offline   Reply With Quote