Music Banter - View Single Post - Why Satan loves you more than Jesus.
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 10:18 PM   #80 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackTshirt
said it's wrong to talk about that cause people call "christians" some stupid men who pretended to do what the Bible says but kill and destroy instead. it is wrong because that's not what christian means, at least in my opinion. and how can someone compare those men back in the 17th century with modern people? like "christians used to kill witches" blah blah. i mean yeah, it's true but that doesn't mean it's wrong to believe in God or anything. and about the marilyn manson thing... people who say kids commit suicide or do stupid things after listening to his music...isn't it similar to the "people who do stupid things after reading the Bible"? it's all about how you interpret things and whether you use your brain or not (talking about those who blame manson or God for what people do)
Genocide has been commited many times throuhout history, not just in the 17th century. As we speak there are many countries going through wars fought over the basis of religion, so it's incredibly easy to compare what was happening in the times of the crusades and other mass murders based on religious grounds to the present time. And you're argument that the poeple comitting these crimes aren't "real christians" doesn't hold much weight. All it takes is for enough people to go along with it. FYI, the crusades were carried out under the direction of the pope, you can't be more of a "real christian" than the pope can you? Again, you've completely missed the point. I'm not saying that people automatically feel compelled to comit crimes against humanity after reading the bible, the koran, or whatever. I'm saying that religion can be and has been used as an excuse to commit violent acts, and we have to talk about these events in order to prevent them from happening in the future, something we're not even close to accomplishing.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER