Music Banter - View Single Post - Kate Nash - The new Lily Allen
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 06:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
dubjectivist
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
You havn't intelligently countered them,
Perhaps not. But if nothing else I can spell 'haven't'

Quote:
you havn't even countered them at all. Jamie T is a terrible lyricist,
Your terrible English leads me to the conclusion that you're a Septic. If you are, which education in working class English culture gives you the right to put down his lyrics?

JT suffers no fools, he puts no hurty roses in girls' eyes, he's just a guy and he sings about life, ****ty life.

Quote:
if those lyrics are considered poetry now then I bet Eliot is turning in his grave.
Eliot? The kid with the dragon?

Quote:
Honestly, I fail to see how improper grammar, lame stories, terrible vocals and generic music make him some sort of god-like music figure.
It doesn't. That is reserved for other, great British musicians.

Quote:
I also fail to see how "Brother see we are one in the same / And you left with your head filled with flames / And you watched as your brains fell out through your teeth / Push the pieces in place /Make your smile sweet to see." Are lyrics made for Disney or romantic mush, it more seems like you're pulling insults (like the Bush one for instance) right out of your ass and trying to use some facade of higher intelligence and elitism as an excuse so you don't have to accurately counter anything.
Oh gosh. I have been sussed.
dubjectivist is offline   Reply With Quote