Music Banter - View Single Post - Matious/Crowquil/JJJ Compilation Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 09:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Well let me give you a run down on their albums..

Their debut album Don't Fall In Love With Everyone You See is a much more rootsy alternative country, at times indie-folk album. It has Westfall and Okkervil River Song on it.

Black Sheep Boy which contains For Real, Song Of Our So-Called Friend and of course, Black Sheep Boy is the Dave and mines favorite Okkervil River album. I believe its his favorite album ever? If not its one of his, and certainly one of mine. Its a much much more emotional release, musically its hard to pin, but you've heard a few of the tracks so I don't know if I need to or not. It contains some of their most dark stuff but its a brilliant album.

The Stage Names which contains John Allyn Smith Sails and Savannah Smiles is a more rock release, but still has hints at their alt-country roots. Its their most upbeat and accessible. Anyway i'm going to start assembling the compilation now, if its not up my later tonight it'll be up by tomorrow.

They also have another album Down The River Of Golden Dreams, but I really havn't listened to it too much. It has one song It Ends With a Fall, that I like alot though which will be in the next compilation.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote