Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beach Boys
Thread: The Beach Boys
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #70 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
That was an exaggeration for to start an arguement. In Utero>Pet Sounds. Everything else by Nirvana is total crap. The production does sound dated, the lyrics are better than their earlier work, but still pretty bad, and the vocals are annoying(Is there something beyond personal reference in this debate), I never said that Pet Sounds wasn't great. I think the melodies are boring, and frankly the arrangements sound the same after repeated listens. The melodies start soundng the same to.
Of course the melodies and arrangements would sound the same with repeated listens, the album isn't magical it doesn't change with each listen. In Utero isn't any better than any other Nirvana album or much different, fanboys can argue its so mind blowingly better and different all they want, its still unoriginal typical 90s grunge.

Also you original statement is "Pet Sounds is worse than anything by Nirvana" and now you're saying "Everything else by Nirvana is total crap." and "I never said that Pet Sounds wasn't great." (and earlier you'd said "I just think Pet Sounds is crap.") maybe before going into an argument you should learn to quit tripping over your own feet.

And I repeat (because you seem to be unable to do anything other then pull incorrect arguments out of your ass). So please if you're going to reply don't just go "uh, whats something about it I can bitch about? oh! the vocals yeah those suck and uh the production AWFUL and yeah blah blah" because the stuff you're saying isn't just ignorant, its flat out wrong.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote