Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Nirvana/Kurt Cobain Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 07:04 PM   #1809 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by berlisishott View Post
The 90's did have a great sound: Alternitive. Nirvana, Alice in chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, I could go on and on and on.
As did the 80s, from Black Flag to the Flaming Lips to the Smiths.

Quote:
I hate f*cking nickleback! They (and others) are nothing but mere copies of (and not even good copies) Nirvana and ride on they're success.
You just said "Thirdly, not many of the fans of the original grunge sound like Nickelback or post-grunge of any kind (I know I sure don't!)."

Quote:
When you tell me the meaning of Heart-Shaped Box by just listening to it, I might believe you. IMO he was a very good lyricist and an inspiration for me personally as a songwriter. As for his singing, I can't blame you. Many people don't like it, but I do personally.
Hes not a strong vocalist, and Heart Shaped Box isn't some deep song and you treat it like the meanings secret, hes talked about it in interviews and in the liner notes of In Utero.

Quote:
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter, Stain, touretts, Rape me, I could go on and on.
Cobain really disliked it when the industry messed with his music. He once strummed and sang the opening bars to "Rape me" at the MTV music awards, even though MTV was shocked and appalled at the song, and they tried to force the band to play "Smells like teen spirit". In the end, they muttally settled on "Lithium", but Cobain wanted to the world to get a taste of they're new song.
If Nirvana was so anti-mainstream they probably wouldn't have played MTV in the first place.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote