Music Banter - View Single Post - The ONLY Kanye West Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 09:21 AM   #218 (permalink)
hstisgod
Groupie

fmqb.com reports Fitty was just playing!!! lol

The latest sales figures still have Kanye West's Graduation ahead of 50 Cent's new album Curtis. Billboard reports that as of today, Graduation has sold 781,000 copies since Tuesday, while Curtis has moved 603,000 units. However, despite their war of words, 50 Cent is not backing down.

50 has been everywhere this week promoting the record. He told Billboard, "[The sales] can't be considered [any one way] anyway because it's just a few days out. I guess [the music industry] would consider me to be a hip-hop favorite because of my sales history, and people like to root for the underdog."

He also backed off his boast that Curtis would be his last album if it didn't debut at #1, speaking to WQHT (Hot 97)/New York yesterday, adding, "The impression I gave them was so strong that they have different standards for me. When my music comes out, if it was someone else's record, it would be a hit because it spun 3,500 times. But they're looking for the hottest music out at the time from 50 Cent, so if it's not that, then they show me resistance until I deliver. I've only been in the music business for four years and I'm already receiving some backlash. That's amazing, isn't it?"

50 Cent also told BET he felt underappreciated at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday. "Kanye received the upper hand. I ain't going to front," he said. "He had four looks -- his song 'Stronger,' his new record 'Good Life,' he had a performance with Soulja Boy, 'Crank Dat,' and then he came out with me. So I feel like Def Jam is doing a better job of promoting the CD than Interscope. Interscope is just relying on my base and the actual music. I was on the VMAs for one minute and 20 seconds. I should've just stayed home."