Music Banter - View Single Post - Death And Rebirth
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 09:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Autumn and autumnal are not the same words though, autumnal can either refer to autumn or middle age. It refers to autumn in this obviously, but still just because two words have the same root word (or the root word in one of the words is the other word) doesn't necessarily mean they're referring to the same thing. What is the common meaning of sex? Intercourse, does that mean sexism has anything to do with intercourse? No, its referring to the less popular meaning of sex, which is gender.

Anyway point is, autumnal is not a common word just because autumn is.

Also I think your criticism of death of seasons was extremely ignorant, this is poetry not a book report. The death of a season is talked about often. I imagine you can find several Emily Dickinson pieces on it, and I think Oscar Wilde refers to it in either The Garden of Eros or Humanitad. Now if you'd said it was cliche (which it is) that'd be an entirely different story.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote