Music Banter - View Single Post - Thrice
Thread: Thrice
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #132 (permalink)
The Dave
Me and The Major

Lyrics for Digital Sea:

I woke, cold and alone, adrift in the open sea; caught up in regrets, and tangled in nets, instead of your arms wrapped around me. And I wept but my tears are anathema here, just more water to fill my lungs. I hear someone scream, “God what is it we have done?” I am drowning in a digital sea; I am slipping beneath the sound. Here my voice goes, to ones and zeros, I’m slipping beneath the sound. A song from somewhere below, deadly and slow begins. Both sickly and sweet, now picking up speed, and ushering in the world’s end. And the ghost of Descartes screams again in the dark, “Oh how could I have been so wrong?” But above the screams still the sirens sing their song.

Definitely not as good as Dustin has written before, but I'm still liking them, especially the last two sentences.

Lyrics for Firebreather:
Tell me, are you free in word or thought or deed, while the gallows stand, and bullets lance the bravest lungs? We fold our hands and hold our tongues. Tell me, are you free, when the fear falls on you? Will I fold my hands or hold my tongue? Or let the flames lick at my feet, and breathe in fire and know I’m free. The flames will rise and devour me. Oh, to breathe in fire, and know I’m free.

Reminds me too much of a mix of the lyrics for Of Dust And Nations and Image of The Invisible.
The Dave is offline   Reply With Quote