Music Banter - View Single Post - No ***s in Iran?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kevorkian Logic
Imperfectly Perfect

Default No ***s in Iran?

I dunno how many of you have heard about President Mahmoud Ahmadinehad little speech in Columbia University, I just found it interesting/sad how blind he allows himself to be and how oppressed the people must be. Some of what he said ended up being so preposterous that its quite humourous, at least to me.

I thought I'd share some more interesting tibits from a really long article on it that I won't subject you to reading

(My favorite)In response to being asked about the *** situation in Iran:
"In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country, In Iran we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who's told you that we have this."

On the Holocaust — which the Iranian leader has called a "myth" — he said that
"if the Holocaust is a reality, why don't we let more research be done on it? ... Where did the Holocaust happen to begin with? It happened in Europe, and given that, why is it that the Palestinian people should be displaced? Why should they give up their land?
"

He also said women are the most free in Iran, which is kinda an absurd thing to say if you know anything about Iran.

So yea, I know that's not nearly as fascinating as a guy hanging on the wing of a plane, but I just thought it was interesting and hope someone else found it a little bit interesting as well.