Music Banter - View Single Post - Artists you should be killed for not liking
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Wayfarer
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Notice that never was a song shown to have been stolen.
"Black Mountain Side" and "Dazed And Confused" are two examples of songs that Page did not write and took full credit for. The band was successfully sued for plagiarizing music. It's right there. Read it again. Whether or not you want to admit it, they did take credit for songs that weren't theirs.

Quote:
Bands cover songs all the time
Yeah, but you see, the difference is that most bands, when they cover a song, actually give credit to the original songwriter. Led Zeppelin didn't always do that.

Quote:
Rap music is founded on sampling which is directly stealing an artists work and not even playing the song yourself
Aha. You don't listen to very much rap, do you?

Quote:
It's like the Kennedy conspiracy if it held any credence
A grade two science student could probably watch that clip and tell you that something fishy was going on. Back and to the left, back and to the left...

But let's not get too off-topic now.

Quote:
but instead it is a laughable ploy Zep haters use to try and discredit the band
I don't hate Led Zeppelin. As I've said, I actually like a few of their songs/riffs, but I'm not going to deny the fact that they played other people's songs and took credit for them. It's not like they deserve no credit - obviously they were immensely influential and wrote many more songs than they stole. But, ultimately, none of that changes anything. They stole songs. End of story. The story just ended. See it? It ended. Right there. There is no appendix, no sequel. The story's over. So shut up. That rap question...yeah, right over...that one. Up there. See it? That rap question there, that was rhetorical. Shut up.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote