Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Drug Songs of All Time
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 06:14 PM   #74 (permalink)
DeVicci
Groupie

Mr Wayfarer and jgd85, the point is that drug abuse (largely illegal drugs) which is what I think were talking about, is extremely harmful to the mind and body. I still think making a comment like "saying that 'drugs' cant help you become more artistic or creative or open your eyes is foolish." is leading kids that may not know better into thinking doing drugs (abusive or illegal) is ok. If you want to, thats your choice, but I couldn't disagree more about believing its ok to publicly promote it. Thats all I'm trying to say.

Syd Barrett became so artistically creative that during concerts he would just stare into space, and spend time tuning his guitar while the band continued on. At least it opened the door for David Gilmour's career.

I wonder where Keith Moon, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix, Dennis Wilson, Freddy Mercury, John Belushi, Marlyn Monroe, Jerry Garcia, Chris Farley and River Phoenix might be today had they not inspired to become more artistically creative. We could ask them, but we might have a little trouble getting an answer since they all died... from drug related deaths. I'm sure a much larger list could be splattered out here if I had the time.

I respect anyones decision to make their own choices in life. I just don't think we should make something so dangerous look so good to the young kids looking for an idle to follow. If and when you have children, I'd be interested in knowing if that would be part of your master plan to better their education, artistically speaking of course.
DeVicci is offline   Reply With Quote