Music Banter - View Single Post - Kevorkian's Newbie Thread.
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 03:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kevorkian Logic
Imperfectly Perfect

Default Kevorkian's Newbie Thread.

I realize that many people can't just start listening to bands like Captain Beefheart or Boris So i'm going to do an expiated form of how I came to like the music I like today. And hopefully, by the end, some of y'all will have a much more refined palate of musical tastes.

I'm going to skip over the whole pop face that I went through pre-sixth grade and start with Punk. I was introduced to Punk by neighbor's grandson who happened to be my boyfriend at the time the drummer (he still is in fact) in Punk band greatly influenced by the Misfits. Anyhow he lent me the cds by the Ramones, The Clash, The Damned and NoFX and from there I music never meant the same thing to me.

Here are some good Punk albums to start with

The Ramones-Ramones
hzxp://www.mediafire.com/?9n30zvt4q90

This album started it all. You can hear so the influence of this band, especially this cd, in punk bands everywhere.
Standout tracks: "Blitzkrieg Bop" "53rd and 3rd," and "Today Your Love, Tomorrow the World."

NoFx- Punk In Drublic
hxzp://www.mediafire.com/?1e51z90d1qd

By far their best cd. I don't waste my time with much of their newer stuff, they have taken too much of a political swing imo. They have earned their place in the Punk Hall of fame, they're not on the same echelon as The Ramones or The Clash, but they're still good.
Standout tracks: "Linoleum," "Leave it Alone," and "The Brews."

Green Day- Dookie
hxzp://www.mediafire.com/?01ztmeysoha

Another band where i'm not too fond of their later stuff. They took a political swing as well. You may be more familiar and comfortable listening to this band though because for some reason you were won over by "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and "American Idiot."
Standout tracks: "Welcome to Paradise," "Burnout," and "Longview"

I'll do The Clash, Misfits, and the Damned tomorrow.

Last edited by Kevorkian Logic; 10-06-2007 at 06:13 AM.
Kevorkian Logic is offline   Reply With Quote