Music Banter - View Single Post - The Indie Education Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #168 (permalink)
dead
Groupie

ProggyMan, you have to be one of the worst people I've witnessed on an internet forum to argue. Your arguments keep changing and your points aren't to the point.

Here's a round up of your progress so far:
Quote:
So...I don't get your point.
Quote:
Yah, I think he was just rambling.
Quote:
I get everything he said, I just don't see how it adresses any of my points. Hence he was just ranting.
And these:
Quote:
You've spammed the thread with stupid insults that had nothing to do with the topic.
Quote:
Actually I do. I'm not crazy bout' em', but I think they're very original for a boy band. Find a single band out there that sounds anything like them. They're not great, but they not horrible either.
Quote:
Maroon 5 gets a bad rap for being mainstream pop, but they're really very original. Find me another band with that much funk influence that's as melodic as they are.
Quote:
I'm not being agrresive in the least. Just pointing out that you've only probably heard a few songs and haven't taken time to really listen. They're a pop-funk band strongly influenced by Jazz. Original, no?
Quote:
Funk+A bit of Jazz+Pop=Original.
Quote:
Yah, and they're strongly influenced by him. But they still sound completaly different. Escpecially if you count Levine's voice. But of course that has nothing to with their originality.
Crowquill asks:
Quote:
Please explain to me how ONE instrument, A PIANO is going to make Maroon 5 so original?
Proggyman replies:
Quote:
Because it completaly changes their sound. I've got nothing besides that.
Quote:
They're original because they're a funk pop band, with strong jazz influences that gets their sound from a piano.
wait... so you've got nothing besides them playing a piano... except because they're a funk pop band/boy band, with strong jazz influences, who are strongly influenced by Prince (who according to you isn't jazz)?

Lastly i have to refute this:
Quote:
What's wrong with a piano making you distancing you from your musical peers?
Nothing. But that doesn't make you original at all! They're are heaps of bands and singers who use the piano with or without drums. Mates of State combines drums with an electric organ which is sometimes replaced by a classical piano. Then there is Starlight Mints who use a whole orchestral ensemble which use dozens of instruments in one song. Then there's Lenny Breau he uses heaps of piano and he's dead already. How about Pink Martini and pretty much all south american styles of music which almost completely revolve around the piano?
dead is offline   Reply With Quote