Music Banter - View Single Post - Sex, Drugs, and Not Much Else
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
N*S*G
Account Disabled

Wink Sex, Drugs, and Not Much Else

Lets see here.

I have not come here to show off but to ask for personal opinions. I do not need you to do my work for me for, just tell me what you would like to hear. If you give some good advice, your reward will be the finished product. You can also give instrumental thoughts, seeing as how there is no theory board.

Genre: Prog Rock
Feel: 60's garage rock in attitude and delivery. Musically it will be prog though.
Parts: Guitar, Bass, Drums
Specs: Cheeky to the point of being shamelessly offensive, sexual overtones.
Structure: Free-flowing; TMV-esque but less annoying
Length: Anywhere from 3-10 mins
General Meaning: General commentary on the pointlessness of modern 'music' (face-value). Introduction into the general pointlessness of teenage life (concept).
Ideals: Respectable enough for a demo, but light-hearted enough to be casual. Versatile enough to be used on a concept album (it is prog rock >_>)
Misc: Just a bit of fun, nothing more ;P

I would give more away, but that is unnecessary The concept (for the album this will be placed in) is pretty decent, but I doubt you need to know it at this point.

As you can see, I basically have everything ready to go except for the hard material. I don't need any serious advice, just tell me what you think would inspire the correct train of thought to go with the barebones structure up there (ie. quotes, in-jokes, image macros, songs, whatever).

I will post the finished product as soon as I have it.

P.S. Sorry for all the info, I got banned from two music forums for posting this (I have no clue why). I try to explain everything as thou roughly as possible to avert a misunderstanding.
N*S*G is offline   Reply With Quote