Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do you love music?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 08:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
A love of music generally begins in your early teens. It gives you an identity and a feeling of belonging to one particular clique whether you realise or not. This slowly changes. You begin to like artists that maybe your friends don't like. You strive for individualism. Whether this is achieved is debateable. What is achieved is an invisible bond between you and your music. Your music asks for nothing and gives everything. Are you feeling angry, upset in love, disappointed in the system? Your music feels the same way. The artists speak to you. They relate to you musically or lyrically.

When you go to see a favourite live band. Hundred of people feel the same thing you do-belonging, exhilaration. On this one night you are all together sharing the same hopes and dreams, anger and disappointments.

Music helped me emotionally through my parents divorce when I was 15. My love for music was strengthened tenfold from here. I am married and have children. I love them dearly, but music; selfishlly, will always be my first love.

Music will never let me down, and lets me express my emotions by proxy. Music still get's me excited, angry, upset, intense and a whole host of other emotions because of it's honesty. That is why when ever I listen to music it has to be honest. I can't describe what exactly this attribute is, but I think most of us, by merely being on this site; can understand that honesty that is so sorely missing from what the populace terms music.

Music is a powerful medium. It is also the most personal.
I've never used this smiley before and probably won't again but I think it's justified here.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote