Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm a Music Snob
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 10:15 AM   #40 (permalink)
Kevorkian Logic
Imperfectly Perfect

The best definition I ever read of being pretentious about music was on last.fm

This group is pretty much the same as all the other ones, except the other ones suck.

Do you know more about music than any of your friends, and pontificate about bands they never heard of at the drop of a hat?

Do you see yourself as a crusader determined to convert the masses to awesome music?

Do you badger people into buying albums you like that you know they'll probably hate?

Do you hate it when people stick to one genre, or categorize artists incorrectly, and in doing so, write them off as worthless?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, this group is for you. This isn't for people who don't listen to Elliott Smith because they think he's emo. This isn't for people who proudly admit that they listen to "indie pop." This isn't for those *******s. This is for pretentious, self-deprecating *******s, and we're all going straight to hell. Sing it.

I found myself saying yes to all of those questions, but I didn't join the group cause that would be an even more pretentious thing to do.