Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you prefer downloading over buying? Why
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #70 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post

You're not responding to my point which is:
Going to live shows>Buying records
Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Devastation View Post
if you like the band, buy the music.

i fully support this statement. the beleif that people are still willing to support the music scene is why i own a record label. If people dont buy the CDs we put out... the bands WONT be able to afford to continue and we wont be able to afford to help them get their music heard.

the bands we release NEED record sales to cover the cost of recording, we need record sales to cover the cost of production. having to pile in your own money so that people can listen to your music is wrong surely? but thats what most small bands have to do.

the idea that bands make more money from touring is bull****. bands dont make money off tours until they can reach a certain level. most of the bands i see only get paid petrol money. and things like t-shirts have a much higher cost per unit and therefore are an even bigger risk than CDs.

im all for downloading, as long as you buy CDs too.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote