Music Banter - View Single Post - Incentive to Buy
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
N*S*G
Account Disabled

Default Incentive to Buy Music

I was recently putting into consideration how I would be able to sell my music by circumventing a record label.

Without going into details, I would basically sell and advertise my music over the internet. There are other aspects, but you do not need to know them.

What I would do is have my music for download on my band's website. I would give the songs for free (edited, radio-friendly versions; ie. censored and lessened complexity); however, you could buy the uncut songs for extra.

Now I know paying for songs is pointless, but I have a solution. Since I need to eat, and I have a love for content creation... I decided to make it worth your money.

You buy a CD from my site (non-download; bandwidth, piracy, etc.), but this CD comes with a ****load of extra content. On the CD -first of all- would be about another 10-20 songs not available for download (instrumentals, 30min songs, etc.); next would be videos and behind the scenes **** (I do film as my main profession); and lastly would be frivolity (t-shirts, posters, free show tickets). All of this would maybe cost $10-15 depending on how much I put in ($5 for just the songs) and how flashy the packaging is.

Plus I could also have some sort of pay by year thing that gives one free package a year and access to even more content.

My main question would then be: What would you like to see/pay for in such an offer?

Last edited by N*S*G; 10-09-2007 at 11:31 PM.
N*S*G is offline   Reply With Quote