Music Banter - View Single Post - What are your weakness and strengths?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 03:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

I like to think I have an open mind to all music and will give absolutely anything at least one listen.
Music has always fascinated me and it doesn't stop at the tunes. I enjoy looking deeper into bands and band members that take my interest.
This also extends to individuals whose music I don't like.
If the person's a bit of a character, chances are I'll know just about everything about them there is to know, or will go to great lengths finding out.
I like to think this is a strength.
My wife will disagree and does so, often.
Announcing to all who care to listen, that it's a weakness based on what she calls, "an unhealthy and obsessive behaviour problem". I beg to differ. (She's just jealous I know more than her)

My weaknesses are many.
I hate what I call chart music and the people who like it.
I tend to look down on people who rave about the likes of Britney Spears and so called artists like her.
I hate Girl bands, Boy bands and the "latest trend" bands.
It's arrogant, elitist and unfair. And I wish I wasn't like that.
Especially as I expect others to see what I see in Northern Soul.
If I like a band enough, I have to own the album.
A download won't do as it doesn't feel tangible.
This means spending more money than I'd like to and probably more (selfishly) than is fair to the wife and kids.
My Northern Soul collection is kept seperately from the others.
I moved it all upstairs when the kids started messing with them and upsetting the chronological order they were in.
They now reside in my bedroom (yes I sleep in the same room as them) because I was constantly yelling at the poor kids every time they went near them and getting into countless arguments with the wife over, "does it really matter?" comments.
Sadly, it did to me.
I admit to liking some ABBA songs.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote