Music Banter - View Single Post - Incentive to Buy
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 02:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
N*S*G
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Devastation View Post
ok, if the release was already freely downloadable.... id probably only consider buying it if it was:
a) limited edition 12" with alot of special features.. coloured vinyl, gatefold sleeve, screenprinting, etching.. something i know cost £6 to make is worth paying £12 for.
b) CD with at least another album length CD of cohesive unreleased tracks. Not live or remixed. again the packaging would have to be very special.. 6pn digipak plus a booklet and poster maybe. im indifferent to videos and im not a fan of recorded shows/behind the scenes ****
Actually it would not be freely downloadable per se.

Maybe 5 out of 20+ songs are available. A normal song length for me would be maybe 10mins (less than a minute for wanking around, 30 mins for those 'epic' space out songs). The available tracks would be pretty much cut to pieces. Now a casual pop-music listener would be fine with these, however a more dedicated music listener would appreciate the extra effort.

Now of course, this is just conceptual... and I am not as unforgiving as I sound. And by packaging I don't mean these elaborate cases, just a CD with a bunch of extra **** out of general appreciation shipped along with it. I mean it is not like making music is black and white, it is a huge process (unreleased songs, tabs, ****ing around... evolution of the album **** basically), why not share it with everyone?

Last edited by N*S*G; 10-12-2007 at 02:40 AM.
N*S*G is offline   Reply With Quote