Music Banter - View Single Post - Incentive to Buy
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 05:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Sound Devastation
Music Addict

so the full length tracks are for the more in-depth music fans, cool... but dont you think that giving away segments might put them off?

10 minute tracks are 10 minutes for a reason.. they're full tracks, and cutting them up devalues the track. If a band i loved chopped up their tracks to give away for free (which some do) id get the impression that they didnt care so much about the artistic value of the entire track.

theis may or may not be relative to your music/fans... im just trying to bring in other points of view.

the whole journey of the album in one package is a good concept definately. I do like an eloborate package though, i would not be impressed if i got a CD-R in a carboard wallet for £10, even if there was alot of extra ****.

AMENRA - Mass III 2xLP [stunning vinyl release of the belgian sludgecore giants epic 06 album]

FALL OF EFRAFA - Owsla & Elil CD&LP [British crust/doom/post-metal band Fall of Efrafa deliver part two (Elil) on their dark conceptual trilogy. Part one (Owsla) will also be re-released for the first time in the UK]

visit...
Sound Devastation Records website
Sound Devastation is offline   Reply With Quote