Music Banter - View Single Post - Five Albums that changed Music for you
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 03:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
Stringbender
Groupie

Cool

It's really difficult to narrow it down to ONLY five albums.. let's see..

KISS -Alive II - this one probably started everything for me- I was at that perfect age when I put down my comics and saw KISS on tv and said "real-life superheroes!!!" When Ace had sparks flying out of his guitar- that pretty much did it for me- I was toying around with my dad's guitar before this- but never really got serious until KISS was the catalyst.

Jeff Beck- Blow by Blow: This album showed me what COULD be done with a guitar and just opened my mind to new concepts of leads, arrangements, rock, jazz, funk, fusion.

Steve Vai- Passion and Warfare: For the same reasons as Jeff Beck- only taking it 10,000 steps further!

Miles Davis: Kind of Blue- because this album blows your senses AND grounds you all at the same time. For me, listening to this album puts me in touch with something deeper- and it made me try to play these lines on guitar- thus opening my mind to a whole new level of thinking in terms of guitar playing.

the fifth is difficult to narrow down to only one.. but I'm torn between Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force (1st album) or Iron Maiden's Powerslave
Stringbender is offline   Reply With Quote