Music Banter - View Single Post - Five Albums that changed Music for you
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #33 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magik:
The album that got me into listening to music and showed me how amazing a bass guitar could be. It's still my favourite album ever and I've been playing bass for years because of it.

Metallica - Ride the Lightning:
The album that got me into metal and made me explore more music. Before then, I had never heard anything quite as heavy and aggressive as that album. Fade to Black was the song that really grabbed me.

Beatles - Abbey Road:
I've always liked the Beatles, but this was the first studio album of theirs which I had heard and was was the start of my love affair with the band (and McCartney). That album is incredible.

Isis - Oceanic:
This was the album that introduced me to more atmospheric music. It was primal, yet complex and above all, very atmospheric.

Windir - Arntor:
When I first heard this, I liked a bit of folk metal and didn't really like black metal. Arntor showed me how music so harsh in the form of black metal, could be so amazingly beautiful. I had seen beauty in music before, and even in extreme metal, but never on this scale. Huge influence.

And all of these apart from Ride the Lightning rank very highly on my favourite albums list.