Music Banter - View Single Post - Best bands that were big in the 90's
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 09:10 AM   #125 (permalink)
Mookie Wilson
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenChains View Post
Well out of the choices I was given...Nirvana. But I think Collective Soul was better.
ew i have to disagree there, no way should collective soul be grouped in with those legendary 90s bands. i voted for Pearl Jam myself, they were just too much of a favorite for me as a teenager. especially Yield, easily a top mainstream record for the decade in that genre. the return of Jack Irons on drums gave the band a kind of a feel i havent heard from them since. everyone should watch Single Video Theory (the making of Yield)

i'm gonna go ahead and agree that Anthony Keidis (and Billy Corgan for that matter) are sub-par vocalists live tho their bands are both tight, eddie vedder tho not the most gifted singer can still nail most songs live.

however, recent contributions from all those bands have been disappointing IMO but then again, i have very low expectations of bands that are clearly past their prime, tho many ppl i know seemed to rave about Stadium Arcadium and i just can't understand why, anyone help me out?