Music Banter - View Single Post - Radiohead In Rainbows Discussion
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 11:26 AM   #163 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Um, okay you really didn't explain why they weren't mediocre you just talked about why you loved them. The Bends, as you said was just plain indie rock Bones is too. You could find other bands do the same thing, therefore average, generic, mediocre. Planet Telex is just dull and doesn't go anywhere, minus the 13 seconds of silence in the beginning you seriously have the entire song figured out in 30 seconds. Its predictable and repetitive and doesn't go anywhere.

I should state though that I don't hate the Bends, I just don't think its special with the exception of Street Spirit. High and Dry will always hold a special place in my heart since it was the first Radiohead song I heard and the only one I really liked for awhile. In addition to that the acoustic driven tracks were what got me into OK Computer.
I think i explained why they werent mediocre perfectly with my opinion on the songs you class as such. Just because other bands are making similiar sounds it doesnt mean what radiohead were doing was mediocre, so what if it was plain indie rock? it doesnt have to be earth shatteringly original to be seen as above mediocre, look at nevermind, revolver, nevermind the bollocks etc for example. I happen to think they were doing what other bands were doing A WHOLE LOT BETTER, but thats a subjective viewpoint so we'll agree to disagree on that one. Plus, i dont think its even THAT similiar to other stuff around at the time if im honest.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote