Music Banter - View Single Post - Arctic Monkeys
Thread: Arctic Monkeys
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #290 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie Wilson View Post
wow, profound statement right there. 'they speak with the same accent they talk in' he says. speaking and talking, the same thing? who would have known! great insight man.

have you read the thread? we know that they've sold more in the UK and are more popular there, and that's fine, my argument is that i have no doubt in my mind that countless north american listeners are in love with their englishness and gimmicky style. i have nothing against english artists, my extended family is from britain and i am a huge fan of the country and its music. but having heard numerous frat boys and trendy girls blab on about how great the band is, what else am I to assume? they have wonderful instincts when it comes to music? no, they, like many others, are into clever lyrics with thick accents and radio friendly tunes.but that's fine, just isn't for me. cheers
This is really an infantile reply. You don't seem to understand or grasp the nature of the last few posts. People will always jump on the bandwagon, but it is not a gimmick. I think it would be virtually impossible to do a gig while pretending to do a false accenct. A few bands over here are proud to be British and are playing the music they want without resorting to a mid atlantic twang and losing their identity.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote