Music Banter - View Single Post - Jeff Buckley
Thread: Jeff Buckley
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 12:03 PM   #92 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie Wilson View Post
fair enough, different music in/for different generations.

he did some great covers cuz it was early in his very brief career.
As I was born a good few years after Jeff Buckley was i'd rather not consider myself as being a part of his dad's generation. Besides I don't think somethings age should count against it. I prefer his fathers music because he seemed more aware of music in general & experimented more often ,plus I think he was a better songwriter.
Is it fair to compare his body of work with his sons one and only finished album? Probably not ,but that's all there is to go by. He may have ended up a better songwriter , his music may have got more experimental , he could have done plenty of things , but he didn't. And that is my biggest problem with people who love this album. People want to heighten up all the positives of it & think what could have been and it's treated as a 'what could have been' rather than what it is. And what it is to me is an album that shows some promise but relies far too much on other peoples songs.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote