Music Banter - View Single Post - Seether
Thread: Seether
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 09:32 PM   #51 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

I would like to add, That Seether is one of my all time favorite bands. I like to listen to every song on their albums. In my opinion, Seether is a lot better band than Nirvana, Maybe becuse Alternative/Modern Rock has progressed since the Seattle scene of the 90s. Which to me, would seem to only make sense? I dont like every song on Nirvana's albums, not as many as I do Seethers anyway. And as far as the self-hating & angry lyric's, For me, they seem to hit home, atleast a lot of them, from experince's Ive delt with through the years. Dealing with drugs, music, love, etc./ quote:The Gift-Seether, "Im outta reason to believe in me" -" Im so afraid of the gift you give me, "I dont belong here, & Im not well".-"Im so ashamed of the lie Im living". As a few examples. (And Im 46yrs old). As a songwriter, Kurt Cobain. (in my own opinion) Will be recognized in years to come, as a great songerwriter, He had the ability, without any second thought about it. He was able to tell on himself. Which is one of the quality's, of a good writer. I always thought that Cobains lyrics were the best aspect of Nirvana. When the generation of this era of music, with these style of lyrics, reaches their 50s. Cobain may receive the recognition he deserves as a songwriter. Artist Picks/ The All Time Top 100 Bands, Cobain is already rated # 42. Janis Joplin is # 43. Well....I could rant & rave on & on, So thanks to the ones that finished reading my post....Peace.

Last edited by Necromancer; 10-31-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote