Music Banter - View Single Post - Tool/A Perfect Circle
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:37 AM   #295 (permalink)
Exodizer
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
What you said might possibly be the dumbest comment ever.

1. I did not say there bad, read the damn post I said they are overrated. I love Tool and think there good/talented. If you would have taken the time to read what i said you would have realized that means they are given way more credit than is due to them.

2. Your judging what your saying about my music taste on about 2 weeks of last fm charts. Either your just a very dumb bloke, or think that has something to do with my overall music tastes.

3. Im not at all big on indie, and have listen to a damn good amount of prog in my 30 or so years of being very into music and playing 3 instruments.

So ill sum this up for you since you obviously are not the smartest poster in the world. Tool is an amazingly talented and skillful band which i listen to all the time, but is extremely overrated and many times considered one of the best bands in history. ( yes iv heard that many times)

And you make a very uneducated argument with the metaphor of the flute and clarinet, which is completely wrong. I met Danny Carey (i think thats how its spelled) about 10 or so years ago. I say that not at all in a bragging sense but in that i fully know what im talking about when it comes to tool and that type of music.
Overrated as one of the best bands ever? I have never heard that in my life. Yeah I'm younger and mabey they were popular a decade ago but no one listens to them anymore. I hear kids my age talking about how Muse is the best progressive band ever. Yeah if someone called them the best band ever I would absolutely agree with you, but I rarely meet anyone who has ever heard of them. Adam Jones writes the melodies for one which is BY FAR the best part of Tool. Even if they were called that there are bands that are so much more ridiculously overrated its stupid. Like Kiss or U2. I don't look at music charts, and when someone has a band in their sig I assume they like them. I think thats a pretty rational assumption. "Poster" is spelled Poser by the way. I'm in Music school if that makes any damn difference. If you had been listening to prog for 30 years you should god damn know that there are tons and tons of Indie Wankers who make fun of Prog. That's what I took you as.
Exodizer is offline   Reply With Quote