Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do you like Country?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:21 AM   #78 (permalink)
Exodizer
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalsBass View Post
Musically, alot of the old classic country is simple (most). But the more contemporary country like, Diamond Rio, Restless hearts, Rascal Flatts, etc. are very far from simple to play. Dynamics, instruments, vocals, etc. Are technicaly challenging, to be very close to perfect is required to be considerd a good cover country band, etc. And it is getting harder & harder to find a good country group, let alone musicians with the talent & ability to play such levels of country these days. Everyone wants to learn a few power chords, read tabs, & be rock stars. (But, It should be, each to his own). There are so many that have the misconception all country is simplisity. I perform music in Rock, etc. from the 50s to the present. Country can prove to become one of the hardest of all to learn & perfect as a good cover band. But what style & era is in One's soul & heart, Is what matters above all. I enjoy the gift of liking alot, Of everything...Peace to All, VB.
This was all I was asking for. He answered perfectly after a few people told me that it does not need to be complicated. Diamond Rio was great I thought. There was much more music. It wasn't dedicated to the singing but rather to every piece of the music as a whole. Restless Heart sounded more like a pop band than a country. Why didn't someone just mention something like that before all the blabbering.
Exodizer is offline   Reply With Quote