Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do you like Country?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #91 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodizer View Post
This is a joke a teacher told me when explaining why he doesn't like New Age music. What do you get if you play New Age Music backwards. New Age music.
^ Your music class sounds like a riot.

Unlike your posts, I don't find technical music boring.
That is, not all of it. Some technical music is boring... and... some isn't.
A little bit like all music really.
What I was trying to say, is that there is a danger that lies with listening to music in too much detail.
This includes spending your time playing spot the tricky bits, at the expense of taking in the general vibe of the particular piece of music you happen to be listening to at the time.
Or in other words, not being able to see the wood for the trees.

I know there are people out there, who attend classical concerts, intently listening to every note played with an enthusiastic relish. And good luck to them.
Thankfully I'm not one of them.
Nope I enjoy my music far too much for that game.
And before you accuse me of being a Philistine, I do consider myself to be a musician, albeit not a very good one and certainly not for a good while.

And please stop making thinly veiled threads with subject matter like "isn't it a shame that I couldn't buy such and such a record, at such and such a place", as a vehicle to flex what musical knowledge you learnt this week at college.

It's arrogant and condescending and downright bloody irritating.
It would be nice to see you settle into these boards and take from them, as much as you are willing to give.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote