Music Banter - View Single Post - It's a shame...
Thread: It's a shame...
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Exodizer
Groupie

Did you know even Vladimir Horowitz liked Art Tatum. That I find hard to believe but it's a story told time and time again by jazz musicians. Vladmir Horowitz had no respect for Arthur Rubinstein yet he thought Art Tatum was one of the greatest pianists of the day. Still Art Tatum sounds like Micheal Angelo Batio on guitar. There's generally no melody just extremely fast playing. Yeah sure Take Five was the poppiest "****", and one of the most popular which is why you should still be able to find it in a damn record store like you can find any crooners entire discography. Have you been to a Jazz festival recently, There's no Jazz. In the New Orleans one they play Cajuin, Rock, Hip Hop, Zydeco, Country, Rthyhm and Blues and very little Jazz. Just take the most famous Frank Zappa quote, "Jazz isn't dead it just smells funny". I'm no more Elitist than any kid who listens to virtually any kind of music. They all think their opinon is right and so do you. I never checked for Brendel, but they sure as hell have Horowitz or Rubinstein and definatly Herbert Von Karajan even Leonard Bernstein. Leonard Berstein was the poppiest "****" around when it came out. As for the Second grade comment, and you claiming to be an English major, you know it sounded incredible racist rather than your actual point. I seriously thought it was a slur against African Americans, but I guess you just didn't get that, that was what it implied.
Exodizer is offline   Reply With Quote