Music Banter - View Single Post - Have Heart
Thread: Have Heart
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 03:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
alliteration
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemyat_thesix View Post
well I agree with you about the militants. I am straight-edge, but one, I don't go around telling everyone, and two, I am tolerant of other people's beliefs. I have gone to a party where everyone was drinking and I still had a great time. as long as it's not a situation I'll be exposed to it -- ie. hotboxing or something -- i'm fine with it.

then again, i've always been about the posi. it sucks that it's falling out of the modern scene. pretty soon hardcore will be dominated by gangbangers and it's all downhill from there
of course. I know and have plenty of friends who are straightedge. No big deal there, because I realize there are plenty of folks out there who manage to be straightedge and not douchebags. Obviously. But I've been to many a show where its out of hand how terrible these kids are, not to mention it took over my hometown, and 1 out of every 3 15 year olds maintained "edge" apparently, and started crews and then started fights with kids who weren't edge, and its ridiculous **** like that thats making sxe hardcore get out of hand. I've always enjoyed posi and I still do. I've been to plenty of straightedge shows like Champion, where it was a blast. I've been to others where its only been fights. Pretty weak.
alliteration is offline   Reply With Quote