Music Banter - View Single Post - What's up with modern music?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 12:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBassGirl
Have you noticed that modern music is kind of stuck? There are no (or very few) remarkable bands and most have fallen back to covers or commercial productions... not to mention the boom of dance and pop music. We might be standing before a turning point in music history, waiting for the great bands to make a breakthrough in the monotonous situation we are all going through, like bands such as guns n roses, pink floyd, the beatles, etc., did in their time. Think about it...
The only people who think music is stuck are people who complain that there are no 'huge' bands like the ones you mentioned.

Since when did someone have to sell 10-15 million records for it to be a good album?

I think some of the biggest selling records & bands are crap , I wouldn`t listen to Hotel ****ing California or anything by the Eagles if I was forced to at gunpoint.

So we don`t have the massive rock bands of old .....good , their time is in the 70s. Music & technology is evolving.Anyone can make music now , it keeps music fresh. I like the thought of people who 30 years ago wouldn`t have got a chance to sell music they`ve made can now do so. I`d much rather listen to them than some drug addled millioniare rock star who`s not had a dose of reality since his first album & who has absolutly nothing to say.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote