Music Banter - View Single Post - Have Heart
Thread: Have Heart
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 01:32 AM   #29 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemyat_thesix View Post
tell that to all the people who OD and spend countless nights vomiting their guts out. they can't remember their weekends or the people they've ****ed. they wake up with STDs and ulcers. I live in the heart of Boston; every night I see literal hordes of people flood the streets in drunken stupor. not to mention all my classmates I see wandering around stoned as ****. of course drugs and alcohol don't ruin everyone's life, but I can't count the people I've seen with potential and dreams forget about them once they get involved with drugs.
To put it bluntly; if you let drugs and alcohol control (and potentially ruin) your life then perhaps it shouldn't have been lived at all. People without strong character or willpower shouldn't be able to participate in a mature, rational, intelligent society.

I'd even go so far as to say that perhaps drugs and alcohol exist almost as a form of control in humanity. A subtle means of population and gene pool pruning. Those who can handle them in a mature and wise manner prosper while enjoying the relaxing and holistic effects of the drugs and those who succumb to the base pleasure they provide.