Music Banter - View Single Post - How much has your music taste changed over the years?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 02:44 PM   #53 (permalink)
CountryGirl
Groupie

Ok so to put this into perspective I am 30 so there is a starting point for you. When I was really little I listened to a lot of classic rock. Stuff like AC DC, Alice Cooper, ZZ Top, Bob Segar, Whatever was on the station my parent's were listening too which was typically classic rock.

Then my sister became a teenager to I started to listen to what she liked...You know being a little sister you have to idolize the big sister right? So I was listening to a ton of 80s. I love stuff like Cyndi Lauper, Go Gos, Wham, Madonna, all of those type of groups.

I continued down the path of mainstream pop music well into my junior high days. As previously mentioned I was a huge NKOTB fan as well as MC Hammer, Milli Vanili (which we know isn't real), Vanilla Ice etc. For the most part I really shuned most of the rap that was coming out during this time.

Then I got taken to a Nelson concert when I was in 9th grade and suddenly I decided listening to the Big Hair bands was way cooler than than the stuff I had been listening to. I was obsessed with Tyketo, Nelson, GNR, Poison, Bon Jovi...You get the drift.

I slowly drifted back to the local pop station and listed for a bit. Stuff like All for One, Inigma, Brownstone, En Vogue, Salt & Pepa, Digital Underground, Boys II Men, etc. But about that time alternative music was getting bigger and bigger and I couldn't stand the stuff and that was all that the stations were playing. It was either Alternative Rock or Rap. I just couldn't deal with never being able to understand lyrics of the music so I switched over to Country.

I still listen pretty heavily to Country music today but I have also reverted back to good ole Classic Rock as well as the 80s stuff. I also went through a classical music phase too. So when you look in my CD cabinet at my collection it is pretty varied on what you will find. Although most of the new stuff I just can't stand like Bare Naked Ladies, Linkin Park, Daughtry, Lincoln Park etc. Just blech to me.

Staci