Music Banter - View Single Post - Velvet Revolver
Thread: Velvet Revolver
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 02:48 PM   #90 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Lamp View Post
I like VR. They're not amazing, the best thing out there, or anything silly like that. But they are a solid rock band. The new album is IMO better than the last. VR show a little more space with more of Weiland's influence.
I agree about the smack. Aerosmith cleaned up and we got: 'Love in an Elevator'. The Stones cleaned up and we got: 'Mixed Emotions'.

PREDICTION: Very soon they'll be a super-tour: STP opens the show, followed by VR. The heading act will be Guns. Don't expect egomanic Axl to do an encore with Wieland. Scott called him: "A fat, botox-faced, wig wearing ***got" in RS a few months back. Wouldn't be much of a fight- Axl would go down like Glen Danzig...
That's exactly what I think. Velvet Revolver isn't anything particularly original or groundbreaking, but they make good solid hard rock. My fav song from Contraband was Superhuman, because of the bass groove in the middle. Very simple, but quite groovy.

I haven't checked out their new album and I don't feel compelled to, but when I do give it a listen, I'm hoping it will be as solid as Contraband was.