Music Banter - View Single Post - The Crowquill 100
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 08:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

92. The Boy Least Likely To "The Best Party Ever"

"If all your childhood stuffed animals got together and started a band, it might sound like the boy least likely to" - rolling stone magazine and for once, they're right though there's no might about it.
Favorite song: Be Gentle With Me
MySpace.com - the boy least likely to - Alternative / Pop / Country - www.myspace.com/theboyleastlikelytouk

91. Do Make Say Think "You, You're A History In Rust"

This album always stuck me as a weird post-rock album, not just because of the vocals which seem to be rare amongst post-rock bands. But for presenting a more wooden sound. The folk influences are quickly made apparent on the opening track Bound To Be That Way and the banjo that appears throughout the album is excellently placed.
Favorite song: A With Living
MySpace.com - Do Make Say Think - Toronto, CA - Grunge / Psychobilly / Southern Rock - www.myspace.com/doomachesatan

90. Rilo Kiley "Take Offs and Landings"

This is my favorite Rilo Kiley album, maybe because i've always preferred Blake's singing to Jenny's, I don't know. I think its their most charming album because its not fully polished and still shows a more amateur side to them then before but still manages to be a very good release. Other then August my favorite songs are Salute My Shorts, Science Vs. Romance, Bulletproof, Wire and Waves and Small Figures in a Vast Expanse.
Favorite Song: August
MySpace.com - Rilo Kiley - LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - Indie / Rock / Alternative - www.myspace.com/rilokiley

89. Idiot Pilot "Strange We Should Meet Here"

When I first heard about them I was apprehensive to check them out. I was told they were two eighteen year olds who were the hardcore version of radiohead. Upon listening I was shocked that it was good, a very nice blend of modern post-hardcore, pop and electronic. Though the vocals are obviously similar to Yorke its not in the "My name is Matt Bellamy, i'm a faggot" way.
Favorite Song: Arrhythmia
MySpace.com - Idiot Pilot - BELLINGHAM, US - Electronica / Alternative - www.myspace.com/idiotpilot
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote