Music Banter - View Single Post - Tool - 10,000 Days
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 01:35 AM   #50 (permalink)
Wayfarer
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
I don't actually like tool, but that's beside the point. A friend of mine went to their concert a couple of days ago and came back disappointed.
He said The singer stayed right up the back of the stage for the entire concert as a shadow. Maw.
I saw them a while back, and trust me, with all the lights and visuals, seeing the band 'rock out' really isn't that important.

Lately, though, Maynard seems to be really lazy live, not even bothering to sing certain lines (such as the climatic last few lines of Vicarious). Like, come on, don't be an asshole. I would've been pissed if he pulled that kind of shit when I saw them. Costed me $90 for one damn ticket.

And apparently they've been playing essentially the same setlist at every show for over a year now. You'd think they'd get bored of it after a while...

Anyway, as far as 10,000 Days goes, I agree with Merkaba. I like most of the tracks individually, but as a whole it just doesn't seem to flow that well - which is pretty disappointing because, as they proved with Ænima and Lateralus, Tool are a band that can write amazing albums that I personally can only imagine listening from beginning to end, no skipping around.

Last edited by Wayfarer; 11-13-2007 at 01:41 AM.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote