Music Banter - View Single Post - The Crowquill 100
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 11:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

80. Death Cab For Cutie "Transatlanticism"

This is my favorite Death Cab album because it holds all my favorite songs, The Sound Of Settling, Transatlanticism, Tiny Vessels, We Looked Like Giants etc. I also think this is the album were Death Cab perfected their sound, its not as rough, the songwritings great and its a solid all the way through.
Favorite Song: A Lack Of Color
MySpace.com - Death Cab for Cutie - SEATTLE, Washington - Indie - www.myspace.com/deathcabforcutie

79. pageninetynine "Document #8"

pg.99/pageninetynine whatever! Are my favorite emo band though this isn't my favorite emo release (there's more to come starving-artless =o.) Anyway they build like a post-rock band, climax better than I ever have and are so intense I swear this album has its own testes.
Favorite Song: In Love with an Apparition
MySpace.com - Pageninetynine - Sterling, Virginia - Hardcore / Punk / Emo - www.myspace.com/pageninetynine

78. Ugly Casanova "Sharpen Your Teeth"

This is indie supergroup led by Isaac Brock of Modest Mouse's one and only album. It has other members, (which you can see on their myspace profile) but I only mention Brock to give you an idea on the vocals since hes one of the most unique singers/lyricists i've ever heard, musically this doesn't sound much like Modest Mouse, in fact its more rooted in Black Heart Procession or Red Red Meat than anything else.
Favorite Song: Hotcha Girls
MySpace.com - Ugly Casanova - - Experimental / Acoustic / Rock - www.myspace.com/uglycasanovamusic

77. Cursive "The Ugly Organ"

This album doesn't get much attention because it's a saddle creek release and emo boy Conor Oberst as much as I adore him basically takes away all the credibility of bands on that label with his whining. Tim Kasher proves on this album to be an incredible lyricist and extremely passionate vocalist, backed by a variety of instruments with this unique alternative rock cellocore (I can make up genres too) kind of sound The Ugly Organ is a pretty addictive release.
Favorite Song: The Recluse
MySpace.com - Cursive - OMAHA, NEBRASKA - Indie / Rock / Punk - www.myspace.com/cursive
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote