Music Banter - View Single Post - The Crowquill 100
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #57 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

63. Ef "Give Me Beauty Or Give Me Death"

One of my favorite post-rock albums ever. They have some slight shoegaze influences, but don't let you think that makes them similar to Sigur Ros. They're not as twinkly, and in alot of cases are way less subtle, their climaxes and builds are usually quicker and more energetic and the male/female vocal combinations are more rough and less dreamy sounding.
Favorite Song: Hello Scotland
MySpace.com - Ef - gothenburg, SE - Alternative / Experimental / Indie - www.myspace.com/ef

62. Daniel Johnston "Songs Of Pain"

Daniel Johnston's always kind of been an artists artist though he has somewhat of a cult following. Hes been acclaimed by everyone from grunge musicians Kurt Cobain and Eddie Vedder to classic rocker David Bowie to indie veterans Sonic Youth, Beck, Yo La Tengo and the Flaming Lips and to current indie sensations Bright Eyes, Death Cab for Cutie and Okkervil River.

Daniel Johnston's legendary debut, mainly piano driven with his childish voice and painful lyrics. The album was recorded in his parents basement, in between songs you can occasionally hear recordings of his mother tearing into him. He considered himself very Lennon and Beatles influenced, though its very hard to tell where his influences actually came from. This album is brilliant and heartbreakingly direct in places, and its exactly what it promises, songs of pain.
Favorite Song: Grievances
MySpace.com - Daniel Johnston - WALLER, Texas - Pop - www.myspace.com/danielsgrievances

61. Amanda Woodward "La Decadence de la Decadence"

Best french band ever? Yes, this album has lately become my favorite emo album just because I think its near perfect. I don't have much to say about this other then I rarely listen to emo anymore or even hardcore and I still play this album fairly regularly.
Favorite Song: Binaire et lisible
MySpace.com - Amanda Woodward - - Hardcore / Indie / Screamo - www.myspace.com/amandawoodwardband

60. Built To Spill "Theres Nothing Wrong With Love"

Built To Spill on the outside appear to be an friendly accessible indie-pop-rock band, typical lyrical subjects, nice sound, slightly whiny voice, but on the inside its surprisingly complex. The crazy time signatures and chord progressions that most bands wouldn't dare touch and lyrical themes that upon reading are surprisingly intelligent take on a common subject.
Favorite Song: Car
MySpace.com - Built To Spill - Boise, US - Indie - www.myspace.com/builttospill
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote