Music Banter - View Single Post - The Crowquill 100
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 04:32 PM   #60 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

55. Explosions in the Sky "Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever "

This album is my favorite Explosions in the Sky album. I think its their most powerful with its marching drums, it always brings up images of war for me. I had been reading Stalingrad when I first heard this album, the album seemed like the perfect soundtrack and the two always go hand in hand with me now.
Favorite Song: Yasmin the Light
MySpace.com - were - 45 - Female - - www.myspace.com/explosionsintheskyband

54. The Elected "Me First"

The Elected's 2004 debut, was essentially a solo effort brought to you by Rilo Kiley guitarist Blake Sennett. The Elected, on this release as least is full of a combination of electronic and country influenced indie songs. Blake Sennett has been doing less and less writing for Rilo Kiley over the years, while on their debut he wrote several songs by himself the last three releases hes only contributing a few, So Long, Ripchord, and Dreamworld. Blake Sennett is often overlooked in Rilo Kiley, creating Elliott Smith influenced slightly dreamy indie sounding songs similar to Earlimart. He's managed to create some of Rilo Kileys best and overlooked songs.

Me First is a memorable and consistent release, full of electronics, country influenced indie songs and a few guest appearances. It's not the most unique release on the planet, quiet the opposite but it proves to be an enjoyable release thats hard to hate. Lyrically nostalgic, musically listenable, Blake Sennett crafts a release thats thats like the soundtrack to a break up with a hug.
Favorite Song: Greetings in Braille
MySpace.com - The Elected - Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA - Indie / Rock / Alternative - www.myspace.com/theelected

53. Bright Red Paper "Bright Red Paper"

Portland post-rock band similar to stuff like As the Poets Affirm and Bell Orchestre, their debut is amazing. The strings and compositions giving it a classical feel to it, while the guitars still giving enough modern feel to remain interesting and the combination of the two is quite the opposite of hazardous.
Favorite Song: D Is For Dead Sea
MySpace.com - Bright Red Paper - PORTLAND, OREGON - Indie / Classical / Alternative - www.myspace.com/brightredpaper

52. Voxtrot "Raised By Wolves EP"

I was hooked when I first heard this band, they had a perfect pop sound, clever lyrics and nice vocals that had this boyish charm to them. This is my favorite EP by them, and sadly their debut didn't exactly live up to the legacy their EPs had laid out, but I think we can blame their nerves for that one I believe Voxtrot have it in them to produce a great pop album.
Favorite Song: The Start of Something
MySpace.com - Voxtrot - AUSTIN, TEXAS - Pop / Indie / Rock - www.myspace.com/voxtrot
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote